ILLINOIS CONCEALED CARRY
Firearms Superstore Located in East Dundee, Illinois
Illinois Concealed Carry Training is available at GAT GUNS
GAT GUNS has a beautiful state-of-the-art training facility. Our large classroom can seat 100 students, has a PA System, and digital projectors mounted overhead. Our new 50 foot training range is just for use by our students. In addition, we are a live-scan fingerprint vendor, we can take ID photos, and even do your Illinois Concealed Carry License Application for you. We are a one-stop shop for the Illinois Concealed Carry License.
Illinois Concealed Carry training at GAT GUNS is done by Safe Side Tactical, Paul Warren owner and lead instructor.
Paul has broken down the training into two classes:
NOTE: Classes can be taken in any order.
- ILLINOIS CONCEALED CARRY 1 – 8 hours. (Replaces old Parts B & C) State and Federal law, FOID card Act, IL Concealed Carry Act, Gun handling, holster use, and range qualification.
- ILLINOIS CONCEALED CARRY 2 – 8 hours. (Replaces old Part A) Handgun safety, principles of marksmanship, firearms storage and maintenance, law review, in-home defense and concealed carry issues.
- If you have prior training that qualifies, or military service, you can skip Part II
Here is a list of prior training/qualifications that are approved in lieu of Part II:
- Illinois Hunter Safety Course – 4 hours
- Utah Concealed Carry – 4 hours
- Florida Concealed Carry – 4 hours
- Nevada Concealed Carry – 4 hours
- Missouri Concealed Carry – 4 hours
- Kentucky Concealed Carry – 4 hours
- Michigan Concealed Carry – 4 hours
- Chicago Firearms Safety Course – 4 hours
- NRA Basic Pistol – 8 hours
- NRA Personal Protection in the home – 8 hours
- NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home – 8 hours
- Active, Retired, or Honorably discharged member of the US Armed Forces – 8 hours
- Previously qualified law enforcement or corrections officer, (430 ILCS 66/75) – 8 hours
A copy of the DD214 form or a military ID card is required to prove military service. Copies of training certificates or Concealed Carry permits are required for proof of other training..
GAT GUNS has two live-scan fingerprinting systems and many trained technicians to do your fingerprints. In addition, we can do your electronic on-line application.
The State fee for the license is $150.00 plus a $3.50 credit card surcharge.
The fee to change an address is $85.00.
Fingerprints are $55.00 if you take the classes here.
On-line Application is $30.00
What you need to bring to class:
Part 1 is classroom and range qualification – you will need a firearm, holster, eye and ear protection, and 50 to 100 rounds of ammunition. The firearm does not have to be the one you plan to carry, but the State Police say it must be a “concealable” firearm. You will fire a qualification of 30 rounds; 10 rounds at 5 yards, 7 yards, and 10 yards, and you must get 70% hits in the scoring area of the target. You will have two chances to qualify. There is no shooting training or practice involved, just the qualification.
Part 2 is all classroom, so you might want to bring a notebook to take notes.
There will be breaks during the classes, but there is not enough time to go out for lunch, so we suggest you bring something. We have vending machines for drinks and snacks.
You will receive handouts showing all of the slides from the PowerPoint Presentations.
The Illinois State Police are accepting Concealed Carry License applications from residents of Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas, and Virginia. These are the only states where Illinois will issue non-resident licenses because they have laws similar to Illinois.
For more information go to the Illinois State Police Firearms Services Bureau and click on Frequently Asked Questions.
STATES THAT RECOGNIZE YOUR ILLINOIS CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE:
ALABAMA, ALASKA, ARIZONA, ARKANSAS, IDAHO, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, IOWA, KANSAS, KENTUCKY, MICHIGAN, MISSISSIPPI, MISSOURI, MONTANA, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NORTH CAROLINA, OHIO, OKLAHOMA, SOUTH DAKOTA, TENNESSEE, UTAH, VERMONT, AND WISCONSIN.
The following is from a document sent to instructors from the Illinois State Police.
- Instructors must now keep copies of all proof of prior training that is used toward credit against the first 8 hours. This includes DD214 for veterans, and military ID for active and retired and out of state Concealed Carry licenses.
- The scoring of the B27 target has changed. The new requirement is now the 70% of the 30 rounds (21 rounds) must be in the scoring rings of the target. In order to be scored as a hit, the round must break through the target within the scoring rings. This includes any portion of the round touching a scoring ring. Any round outside the outermost scoring ring will be counted as a miss even if it is within the silhouette picture.
- New Years Eve - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- New Years Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Easter - CLOSED
- Memorial Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- 4th of July - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Labor Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thanksgiving - CLOSED
- Christmas Eve - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Christmas Day - CLOSED
GAT Guns accepts Credit Cards. We offer a cash discount on firearms.