FOID CARD APPLICATION
The ISP is no longer accepting the paper applications for Firearms Owners Identification cards (FOID card or GUN card).
RENEWALS MUST BE DONE WITHIN 60 DAYS OF THE EXPIRATION DATE ON YOUR FOID.
RENEWALS WILL NOT PROCESS ANY EARLIER.
Also, they have changed some of the rules.
The process is a little more complicated than it was before. It will require the setup of an on-line account with the ISP. Your application will be submitted electronically and payment will be made with your credit card. The account you create is also used for the IL Concealed Carry License application and renewal of your FOID and/or CCL, so you will need to make a record of your user name and password. We can assist you with the entire process. We have been doing FOID applications for over 30 years.
We can help!
The FOID application can take around 10-15 minutes to complete, and can be frustrating. We have trained our employees to make this application process easier. FOID applications are done during normal store hours, no appointment is needed. We have two computers dedicated for doing FOID applications
Here are the details:
- The total cost is $25.00 which includes ISP fees and digital ID photos
- You must have an individual email address
- The initial account setup – data entry required on three web pages
- The FOID application – data entry on 14 to 17 web pages
- Payment processing – data entry on three web pages
- Digital submission of your ID Photo
We will give you a receipt with the information you used to log in to the ISP website.
If you need to change your address on a FOID, the fee is $14.00.
Additionally, if the applicant is under 21:
- Applicant must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian
- Applicant must have a State ID or DL
- Parent or Legal guardian must have a valid FOID card or be eligible to receive one
- Legal guardian must have proof of guardianship
- Notarized signature required – we provide the notary service when processing the application
Non US Citizens must have proof of legal residence.
Applicants with an expired FOID card will have to wait 72 hours between starting and completing the application.
- New Years Eve - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- New Years Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Easter - CLOSED
- Memorial Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- 4th of July - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Labor Day - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thanksgiving - CLOSED
- Christmas Eve - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Christmas Day - CLOSED
GAT Guns accepts Credit Cards. We offer a cash discount on firearms.