NRA Rifle Instructor
January 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$325.00
NRA BASIC INSTRUCTOR Training and NRA RIFLE INSTRUCTOR CLASS
This course spans three days, includes NRA Basic Instructor Training, (BIT) and the NRA Rifle Instructor Course itself.
- Day 1 (1/19): 6 ½ hours of Basic Instructor Training – 9:00AM-5:00PM
- Day 2 (1/26): 8 hours of Rifle Instructor Training – 9:00AM-5:30PM
- Day 2 is the first of two days of team teaching of NRA Basic Rifle class by the instructor candidates. You will be provided with training guides in the BIT course for these two days of training. We will work in the class room and on the range so bring your range gear. Firearms will be provided.
- Day 3 (1/27): 3 hours of Rifle Instructor Training 9:00AM – Noon.
- Day 3 is an extension of Day 2 and is primarily concerned with teaching techniques of the full five positions taught in the course. Included is how to handle students with physical limitations for some of the positions as well as typical competitive rifle rules and opportunities for improvement.
Pre-requisites for this class:
- The Instructor Candidate must complete the NRA Basic Rifle class as a student with a minimum score of 90% on the written exam. The copy of the Basic Rifle Certificate of completion will be required on Day 1 of the Rifle Instructor Course. This course is taught at GAT Guns approximately every 60 days.
- The Instructor Candidate (IC) will be required to shoot on the morning of Day 1 on the rifle range, shooting 10 rounds each from three positions (free arm standing, bench and sitting) for a total of 30 rounds. The IC must put 24 of the 30 rounds inside a 4 ½” group at 75 ft. A new target is provided for each position. A .22 rifle is recommended. Arrangements can be made with the instructor to use a class rifle if the IC does not have a suitable firearm.
The tuition for the BIT and Rifle instructor class is $325.00 paid to GAT GUNS which includes books, range time, targets and holders. To register, go to the Class Registration page and click on the icon for the class. At the bottom of the next page, click on Register. Fill in the registration form and pay by Credit Card. (Note – registering on the NRA website does not register for the class at GAT GUNS)
You should bring a rifle (.22 recommended) with 60 rounds of ammunition for the pre-qualification exercise on the morning of the BIT course. You should also bring a 3″ D Ring heavy duty binder for the three training guides that are provided in the course. We will break for a 30 min lunch at midday on both days. The course is taught by Lynn Garnand, an experienced NRA Training Counselor and NRA Certified Instructor who has taught NRA Basic Rifle in a variety of venues to a broad spectrum of students.
You will be responsible for the $30-$50 2 year NRA credential application fees. Actual cost is dependent on NRA membership ($30 for Members, $50 for non-members). After registering for this course with us, you must contact the instructor, Lynn Garnand, at (847) 767-2275 or email@example.com for details.
|Intro To Handguns||Women’s Introduction to Handguns||Handgun: Phase II||Skill Builder||Youth Handgun Safety||Next Step Youth Class||Adult Handgun Safety||NRA Basic Pistol||NRA Basic Rifle||Private Pistol Training||Next Step Concealed Carry||Practical Holster||Holster Practice||Defensive Pistol||Defensive Rifle||Shotgun & Rifle Sight In||Scope Basics||Women's CCW Shooting Clinic||Introduction To Action Pistol Competition||Chaotic Pistol||Long Range Rifle||Advanced Rifle Shooting||College Safety||Emergency Self Aid||Active Shooter Family Response||Pepper Spray Defense||In-Home Defense||Illinois Concealed Carry 1||Illinois Concealed Carry 2||Illinois Concealed Carry Renewal||Utah-Florida-Arizona CCW||NRA Pistol Instructor||NRA Rifle Instructor||NRA Range Safety Officer||NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor||Advanced Pistol Sign Up|